SALEM, N.Y. (June 14, 2016)
- New Board will enact the long-range strategic goals that are the foundation of the NEII mission
- Trust Committee will continue to administer the rights and obligations of the organization regarding building transportation industry benefit plan trusts
The National Elevator Industry, Inc. (NEII ®
) announced today the election of its new Board of Directors, including officers and Trust Committee members. These elections were held in conjunction with NEII
's 82nd annual meeting in Irvine, CA. The elected Board of Directors and officers include:
- Lawrence Wash, President – Wash serves as KONE Americas executive vice president, a position he's held since 2012. Wash previously worked as president of Global Services for the Climate Solutions sector of Ingersoll Rand, vice president of service and contracting for Trane within North and Latin America, and in various leadership roles with Xerox and Eastman Kodak.
- Sterrett Lloyd, Vice President – Lloyd currently holds the position of president at Draka Elevator Products where he directs the company's worldwide operations. He began his lifetime of industry service as a contractor and is the third generation of his family to work in the industry.
- Michael Bauschka, Treasurer – Bauschka is the controller and treasurer for KONE Americas., where he leads the general accounting, treasury and tax functions for the region. He has more than 20 years of experience in this role.
- Michael Corbo, Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. – Corbo is general manager/executive vice president of Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.'s elevator and escalator division. Corbo has more than 25 years of industry experience and has been involved with NEII for 12 years, including serving as NEII's board president from 2005 to 2007.
- Katsuji Okuda, Fujitec America, Inc. – Okuda is responsible for managing all aspects of Fujitec America operations, including engineering, manufacturing, sales, marketing and service in more than 14 cities. He has 30 years of experience with Fujitec North America.
- Greg Ergenbright, Schindler Elevator Corporation – Ergenbright is president of Schindler North America, where he is responsible for operations in the United States and Canada. Ergenbright has more than 15 years in the elevator industry.
- Tom Vining, Otis Elevator Company – Vining is president, Otis Americas, where he is responsible for the overall leadership and operating performance of Otis in North and South America. He has more than 25 years of industry experience.
- Richard T. Hussey, ThyssenKrupp Elevator Company – Hussey serves as chief executive officer of ThyssenKrupp Elevator Corporation, where he is responsible for all business operations in North and South America.
The NEII Board of Directors manages and directs the affairs of the association as it pertains to its mission, to promote safety in new and existing building transportation; advance laws and regulations that permit the introduction of safe, innovative technology; endorse adoption of current model codes by local government agencies; and advocate responsible laws and regulations at all levels of government.
The Trust Committee is solely responsible for administering the rights and obligations of NEII regarding the NEII Benefits and Educational Trusts. The Trust Committee includes:
- Charles Moore, Chair, KONE Americas – Moore holds the position of senior vice president of human resources, for the Americas region.
- Christine Petranchuk, Vice Chair, Otis Elevator Company – Petranchuk is vice president of human resources for Otis Americas and has more than 18 years of human resources experience.
- Jared Baker, Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc. – Baker serves as vice president of human resources and administration for Mitsubishi Electric US, Inc.
- Ken Dzierzawiec, Schindler Elevator Corporation – Dzierzawiec is director of labor relations for Schindler Elevator Corporation and has more than 25 years of labor relations experience.
- J. Patrick Heaney, ThyssenKrupp Elevator Company – Heaney serves as vice president of labor relations for the U.S. field operations of ThyssenKrupp Elevator Corporation.
“Going into my second year as president with this Board of talented individuals and proven leaders in the building transportation industry is something I am very proud of," said Larry Wash, president of NEII. "This body consistently proves NEII's leadership position as an authority in the areas of codes and safety, and steers the adoption of the latest innovations in the industry to ensure the safety of both the riding public and elevator technicians."
National Elevator Industry Inc. (NEII) is the premier national trade association representing the interest of firms that install, maintain and/or manufacture elevators, escalators, moving walks and other building transportation products, including parts or components. NEII promotes safe building transportation for new and existing products and technologies, and works with various organizations on the formation, adoption and enforcement of the latest building transportation codes and standards. NEII membership includes the major elevator companies in the United States, if not the world. NEII offers Regular, Trust and Individual memberships. For more information about NEII, please visit www.neii.org.
# # #
Return to News Releases